Beard and Mustache Transplant is one of the Facial Hair Transplant procedures that commonly performed in Turkey today. Beard and Mustache Transplant is performed with the same principle as Head Hair Transplant. The main purpose of this procedure is to move hair follicle (using Follicular Unit Extraction technique) from the donor area in scalp to filling beard and moustache areas that are lacking in density or fullness.
Goals of Beard and Moustache Transplant:
Beard and moustache transplant procedure aimed to solve the following problems:
- Incomplete beard or absence of hair in the face due to genetic alopecia factors.
- Lack of hair density in beard due to medication treatment.
- Absence of hair growth due to scars or burns.
- Hair loss due to Facial Alopecia Areata.
The number of hair follicles that are needed for beard or moustache transplant range between 800 to 1400 follicles. The number of follicles depends on patient’s case where as it is a procedure to fill the beard baldness gaps or to do a complete beard and mustache transplantation. The hair follicles must be transplanted to the beard area with precise manner to make sure that the follicles implemented in a correct direction to reach 100% of the original and natural shape of the beard.
Beard and Mustache Transplant in Clinmedica :
- Beard and Moustache Transplant procedure is performed in Clinmedica within an equipped operation room that controlled by the Ministry of Health Turkey (T.C. Sağlık Bakanlığı).
- The operation will be performed using the latest advanced technology available for hair restoration Follicular Unit Extraction FUE-DHI Technique.
- There are three steps in the operation the first one is the extraction of the hair follicle, the second is preparation of baldness area in the beard, and the third step is the implementation of hair follicles with precise direction of normal hair.
Any fully healthy man can perform beard and moustache transplant procedure but there is a contraindication with the following cases:
- Cardiovascular disease patient.
- Diabetes patient with uncontrolled blood glucose level.
- Autoimmune disease like Facial Lupus Erythematosus.
- Lack or absence of donor area in the back of the scalp.
Side Effect Beard and Moustache Transplantation:
As any procedure, there is some side effects but those side effects will go gradually by using the medical advices and treatment.
- Edema: an edema will be on the back of the scalp of the donor area and on beard where the transplanted hair placed. This edema naturally happens after any hair transplantation procedure and it will disappear after 1 to 3 days of the procedure.
- Itching: the doctor will prescribe for you an anti-allergic medication to minimize itching.
- Sudden hair loss: do not worry if you face a hair loss because this is a normal process happenes after 10 days of the beard and moustache transplant The first transplanted hair will fall down but the follicles will stay to get the nutrition needed to grow again a new hair inside that follicle and it will stay for lifetime.
Doctor Vision and Patient satisfaction:
beard and moustache transplant is a cosmetic procedure that performed by consultation between doctor and patient to reach the final shape that patient need but patient also should consider doctor’s vision about natural beard hair shape.
Duration and Residence in Turkey:
The beard and moustache transplantation procedure is performed between 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts harvested.
Residency in Istanbul Turkey will be only for three day. The first one is for the operation and the second is for patient rest and the final day for washing the beard.